Eleven years after its original introduction, PreSonus have announced an overhaul of their compact DAW controller FaderPort. The new version received a facelift with a more ergonomic button layout and a new 360° button encoder in addition to the large, motorized fader. The slick, black look now matches the 8- and 16 channel versions which PreSonus added to the product line last year.
According to Gear4music.com, the FaderPort V2 will be available in October for a price of around € 200.
Faderport V2 specs:
- Single touch-sensitive, 100 mm long-throw, motorized fader
- Large, 360° button encoder
- Complete recording-transport controls: Play, Stop, Fast Forward, Rewind, Record, Loop
- Drop Marker, Next/Prev Marker, Next/Prev Event
- General session controls: Undo/Redo, Arm All, Solo/Mute Clear, Click On/Off
- Session Navigator provides quick control over Track Scrolling, Timeline Scrolling, and much more
- Channel Controls: Level, Pan, Solo, Mute, Rec Arm
- Automation Controls: Touch, Latch, Trim, Write, Read, Off
- Mac / Windows compatible with native Studio One support and HUI and Mackie Control Universal emulation
- Footswitch input for hands-free start/stop (footswitch not included)
- USB 2.0 connectivity