British synth manufacturer Modal has announced a new Kickstarter project: Skulpt is a 4-voice, 32-oscillator virtual analogue synthesizer in a compact, portable form factor. It features a state variable filter, wavetables and an 8-slot modulation matrix. The price will be announced with the launch of the Kickstarter campaign on July 13th.
Take a look:
• voice – 32 oscillator virtual analogue synthesiser
• 8 oscillators per voice with 2 selectable morphable waveforms
• Mixer stage for osc levels along with FM, PWM, tuning and Ring Modulation options
• Monophonic, Duophonic and Polyphonic modes available
• Multi option Unison / spread to detune the 32 oscillators for a huge sound
• 8 slot modulation matrix with 8 sources and 37 destinations
• 3 x envelope generators for Filter, Amplitude and Modulation
• 2 x audio rate LFOs, one global and one polyphonic
• Realtime sequencer that will record up to 128 notes and up to 4 parameters.
• Fully featured arpeggiator with division, direction, octave, swing and sustain controls.
• Resonant filter that can be morphed from low pass, through band pass, to high pass
• Delay and distortion (wavehsaping overdrive, not bitcrushing) effects
• Optional MIDI clock sync for LFOs and Delay
• 128 patch and 64 sequence storage locations
• 16 key touch MIDI keyboard
• MIDI DIN In and Out – Analogue clock sync In and Out connections
• Class compliant MIDI provided over USB connection to host computer or tablet
• Headphone and line output
• Power by USB or 6 x AA batteries
• Optional software editor available for MacOS, Windows, IOS and Android
• Portable and compact design
Some sound examples by Modal: